Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Purple Passion - February Birthday Gift Ideas

Purple was my favorite color as a child and my clothes and room reflected my love of the color (maybe to the extreme!). Back then it was a girly lilac and I still remember many of the outfits I had in that palette and  think back fondly on the pair of crushed velvet bell bottoms I received for Christmas one year (I guess that is showing my age!)

Somewhere along the way my new color love became orange, but I still have a soft spot for all shades of purple and look forward to working in new palettes for Spring. The Purple Passion Collection includes shades of plum and amethyst which makes it a perfect gift for February Birthdays.

Purple Passion

Each of the pieces in the Purple Passion Collection includes Amethyst. The stone comes in so many shades from almost a pale pink to a deep and regal purple with a bluish cast. The Amethyst meaning is spiritual growth and protection and they are known for bringing clarity of the mind to the person who wears them. By wearing amethyst you can become more in tune with your own feelings and get to know your inner self. It can bring calmness, inner peace and thought to heighten natural intuition. Amethyst is also thought to attract positive energy and repel negative energy. The sweet Birthstone Confetti necklaces make a great gift for "girls: of all ages and come with a card that highlights the traits of people born in that month (I only picked out the good ones!)


Birthstone Confetti Necklace

One thing I always look forward to is the introduction of Pantone's color of the year and love the wonderful hue of Radiant Orchid. Visions of new designs for Spring and Summer are already dancing in my head and filling up my sketchbook! 
“While the 2013 color of the year, Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.”
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
Pantone Color of the Year 2014 - Radiant Orchid

Many versions of Radiant Orchid from bright jewel tone to soft and subtle lilac were seen on the runway at the Milan Fashion show. And the glorious hue is popping up in everything from handbags, shoes, jewelry, and nail polish. It is the pop of color to keep you on-trend as we launch into the new year! This week I will turn on the torch and start to create new designs in wonderful combinations of orchid, amethyst, periwinkle, and lilac. I envision some pieces being a collection of hues seen in fields of lavender. I can't wait!



A few more pieces in the collection. I love the plum "dew drop" beads in these pieces. Little drops of hot clear glass are applied to the surface of the bead while it is still molten. I have to remind myself not to have a venti coffee and then try to attempt these! The clear glass has a reaction with the plum and it gives it a silvery luster which I love!



Click Here - For more pieces in the collection
So stay tuned for designs coming out of the studio with shades of purple and orchid. I look forward to "playing" this week with new glass colors and palettes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment