Saturday, February 9, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!



In honor of Valentine's Day I am sharing one of my loves...Chocolate!  Growing up I was never really a "sweet girl" but in recent years I can't get enough of it. Cake, candy, cookies, ice cream, bring it on!  My love of chocolate especially Mint Meltaways is the inspiration behind my Chocolate Mint Collection.


One year I decided to make my Christmas gifts and that included chocolate truffles. I found how easy these melt in your mouth morsels of chocolate and cream were to make and how much people enjoyed receiving them. They have become one of my "go-to" recipes and perfect for entertaining and hostess gifts. For variety I roll them not only in coco powder but also macadamia nuts and coconut which makes an eye-pleasing  presentation. And of course I put them in little paper cups since people who know me also know my motto is "everything looks better in a paper cup" (deserts that is). You can't skimp on good quality chocolate when making truffles and you will be sorely disappointed if you do. Also never try to make them on a day that the temp is over 90 degrees or you will find that it is really difficult to roll them into pretty balls as the chocolate melts in your hands (yep, speaking from experience!).

My former father in-law, who is also a fan of my truffles, told me I should open a chocolate and jewelry store. Maybe a shop called Bon-Bons and Baubles is in my future. For now I will stick to the jewelry but I have always wanted to take a chocolate class. Who knows what will happen, I started the jewelry business after taking a lampworking class!

Reggie also shares my sweet tooth. No worries, he only gets to lick the container after I am done with it and I save the hot fudge for me. Maybe this is a good day to get a new container and share it with my best friend.


Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments: