Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Behind the Scenes: Creating the Photos for the New Website

The website has a new look!  The site was in much need of an overhaul and one of my goals was to give it more personality and feature the collections in "lifestyle" shots. To accomplish that I reached out to my friend and talented photographer John Caruso who brought my designs to life!

We met at Clever Girl (a store that carries my collection and where I also have the joy of working) and we set out to create new photos of the designs. We had lots of props to choose from and the store provided us with a wonderful environment to do the photo shoot. After many hours of shooting (and John's patience while I propped the jewelry and displays) we ended up with a beautiful series of photos.

Bracelet Collection
Symphony in White


I had a lot of fun working with John creating the photos. With John's great eye and my previous career in marketing I think we make a wonderful team!  One of my favorite photos is the one for the Purple Passion collection.  I was struggling to come up with something that would work for the collection and while John was sitting on the floor (patiently) waiting for me he said "I really like the color and texture of these doors".  So, I grabbed some props, displayed the jewelry, and we shot it. Sometimes the things that aren't planned turn out to be your favorites!

Purple Passion Collection

Photographer: John Caruso

John and I met when we were neighbor's at an art fair, however, that show was hit by a storm and we didn't have time to really get to know each other, but long enough for me to acquire one of his photos. Our paths crossed several times after that and we are now friends!  I loved his work from the first time I saw it and now have several pieces. You can see more of his work at Caruso Photos.

Take a look at my new website to see the new collection and photos and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment