Monday, December 30, 2013

Cheers to 2014... and Welcome Radiant Orchid!


Happy New Year!!



It's hard to believe that another year is already coming to a close. One thing I always look forward to is the introduction of Pantone's color of the year and love the wonderful hue of Radiant Orchid. Visions of new designs for Spring and Summer are already dancing in my head and filling up my sketchbook!
“While the 2013 color of the year, Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.”
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
Pantone Color of the Year 2014 - Radiant Orchid

Many versions of Radiant Orchid from bright jewel tone to soft and subtle lilac were seen on the runway at the Milan Fashion show. And the glorious hue is popping up in everything from handbags, shoes, jewelry, and nail polish. It is the pop of color to keep you on-trend as we launch into the new year!



And like most trends....everything old is new again. I love the vintage cover from Vogue 1957 (would love that car too!)

Vogue August 1957

So stay tuned to see all the new designs in Radiant Orchid as we head into a new year! Follow me on Pinterest where I collect my favorite fashion trends and also pin my new designs. And of course there are other sides to me also...like my favorite desserts! Now I just have to finish a few orders and then I can launch into the wonderful world of Orchid!





No comments:

Post a Comment